INTRODUCTION :HackSys Extreme Vulnerable Driver
HackSys Extreme Vulnerable Driver is intentionally vulnerable Windows driver developed for security enthusiasts to learn and polish their exploitation skills at Kernel level.
HackSys Extreme Vulnerable Driver caters wide range of vulnerabilities ranging from simple Buffer Overflows to complex Use After Frees and Pool Overflows. This allows the researchers to explore the exploitation techniques for all the implemented vulnerabilities.
WHY HACKSYS EXTREME VULNERABLE DRIVER?
I was giving a series of talks on Windows Kernel Exploitation at null Security Community’s Pune Chapter. So, I thought, it’s better to write a driver which has all the major vulnerabilities implemented in it. The idea to write the driver was to provide the attendees a better view of what’s happening behind the vulnerable code and also this will be of great help during my workshops and trainings.
- Pool Overflow
- Use After Free
- Type Confusion
- Stack Overflow
- Integer Overflow
- Stack Overflow GS
- Arbitrary Overwrite
- Null Pointer Dereference
3) Driver Debug Print
4) SOURCE CODE
5) SUPPORTED WINDOWS VERSIONS :
This driver has been successfully tested on Windows XP SP3 (x86), Windows 2003 SP3 (x86) andWindows 7 SP1 (x86), but it can support Windows 8⁄8.1 (x86) too. Windows 8⁄8.1 support has not been tested now.
6) WHAT ABOUT EXPLOITS? : The exploits have been provided with this project. The exploit has been tested on Windows 7 SP1 (x86) and will need tweaking to support other versions of Windows OS.
7) BUILDING DRIVER + Install Windows Driver Kit
- Change %localSymbolServerPath% in bat and Build_HEVD_Vulnerable.bat driver builder
- Run the appropriate driver builder Build_HEVD_Secure.bat or Build_HEVD_Vulnerable.bat
Use OSR Driver Loader to install HackSys Extreme Vulnerable Driver
Yes, there are few more vulnerabilities I want to implemented in it like Use Of Uninitialized Variable Vulnerability and Time-Of-Check-To-Time-Of-Use (TOCTOU) Vulnerability. Another important vulnerability I want to implement is Memory Disclosure Vulnerability, this will help me to break KASLR on Windows 8 variant.
If you have ideas to propose, do contact me or raise a feature request/bug report via Github Issue Tracking page https://github.com/hacksysteam/HackSysExtremeVulnerableDriver/issues
- Windows Kernel Exploitation 1
- Windows Kernel Exploitation 2
- Windows Kernel Exploitation 3
- Windows Kernel Exploitation 4
- Windows Kernel Exploitation 5
Please file any bug report via GitHub Issue Tracker at the below given address:https://github.com/hacksysteam/HackSysExtremeVulnerableDriver/issues