Through sharp, technical and insightful analysis, the Payatu Team is constantly on the lookout for vulnerabilities and threats. This section exhibits a few of our findings.
Improper Restriction of Operations within the Bounds of a Memory Buffer Vulnerability
This vulnerability allows remote attackers to disclose sensitive information on vulnerable installations of Adobe Reader. User interaction is required to exploit this vulnerability in that the target must visit a malicious page or open a malicious PDF file.
The specific flaw exists within the parsing of malformed PDF file. The issue results from the lack of proper validation of user-supplied data which can result in a read past the end of an allocated object. An attacker can leverage this in conjunction with other vulnerabilities to execute code in the context of the current process.
- Acrobat DC 2018.011.20063 and prior
- Acrobat Reader DC 2018.011.20063 and prior
- Acrobat 2017 2017.011.30102 and prior
- Acrobat Reader 2017.011.30102 and prior
- Acrobat DC 2015.006.30452 and prior
- Acrobat Reader DC 2015.006.30452 and prior
- 08 January 2018 - Reported to vendor
- 01 October 2018 - Coordinated public release of advisory
Ashfaq Ansari - Project Srishti